Flexographic Technical Association’s (FTA’s) 2018 Excellence in Flexography Awards has seen 114 awards and six Best of Show recipients honoured.
Presented during this year’s FTA Forum & InfoFlex event, the winners consisted of 38 gold awards, 39 silver awards, 33 bronze awards, three self-promotion awards and one non-traditional award. Best of Show recipients were selected from the gold award winners in their respective categories, and included:
- MCC for ‘Francis Ford Coppola The Countess Walewska Authentic Potato Premium Vodka Label’ in the narrow web category;
- Transcontinental Robbie for ‘Post Fruity Pebbles/Cocoa Pebbles Wrappers’ in the wide web category;
- Industrias de Plásticos SA de CV for ‘Cappy Infladitos Queso y Mantequilla Justice League Wrapper’ in the mid web category;
- Visual Communication Tech on behalf of Proactive Packaging & Display for ‘BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse Carton’ in the combined corrugated category;
- WestRock for ‘Danone Oikos Greek Yogurt Box’ in the pre-printed linerboard category; and
- Mac Papers Envelope Converters for ‘TruGreen Welcome to TruGreen Envelope’ in the envelope category.
Other awards on the night included Hamillroad Software and Eaglewood Technologies being recognized with 2018 Technical Innovation Awards, for Bellissima DMS and the Sitexco laser anilox cleaning system respectively. Heritage Envelopes took home the 2018 Sustainability Excellence Award for PackMail, an alternative packing option for envelopes.
Additionally, Jason Cagle of MacDermid Graphics Solutions was named 2018 President’s Award winner, while Lon Robinson of Tension Corp was inducted as the 56th member of FTA’s Hall of Fame.