This year’s Label Industry Global Awards competition is now open for entries, with nominations for the six awards requested by May 17.
The categories this year include four established awards – R. Stanton Avery Global Achievement Award, Award for Innovation (companies with up to 300 employees), Award for Innovation (companies with more than 300 employees) and Environmental & Sustainability Award – in addition to the new Rising Star Award and European Converter of the Year Award.
The Rising Star Award recognizes the achievements of emerging talent in the label and packaging industry that represent the next generation of leaders. It is to be awarded to an individual who meets the following selection criteria:
- Has worked a maximum of five years in the label industry;
- Their record will reflect ongoing, exceptional and growing contributions to the industry as well as increased levels of leadership and responsibility; and
- The successful candidate’s track record should reflect a strong potential for appointment at the highest levels of the profession.
The European Converter of the Year Award is to be awarded to a European label printing/converting company that has:
- A key record of innovation or product and technical development;
- Developed pan-European product sales in its chosen market(s) or;
- Become a global supplier in special or niche areas of operation;
- Invested in environmental systems or the development of sustainable products;
- A solid record of staff training and development; and
- A strong involvement with its local community.
This year’s Label Industry Global Awards ceremony is set to be an extra special event, with an extended audience to be entertained by an exciting line-up of performers to help mark Labelexpo’s 40th anniversary. Further details are to follow but, as a clue, the event will take the audience back to the 1980s.
Mike Fairley, chair of the judges said: ‘Each year, as we embark on the quest to find our leading innovators, the high standard of entries never fails to impress. This year will be no exception, as we set the bar even higher, with the introduction of a further two awards to mark the 40th anniversary year of Labelexpo. The accelerating pace of change and the talent coming through in this industry is extraordinary, and one that is becoming ever more global, so we felt the time was right to recognize these developments through this year’s awards.’
Fairley continued: ‘Many previous Label Industry Global Award winners have gone on to even greater success and inspired others in the sector to continue to drive the industry forward, so we urge all sectors of the label and package printing industry from across the globe to submit their nominations as soon as possible.’
Enter the Label Industry Global Awards and find out more details about the event at www.labelawards.com.
Label Industry Global Awards 2019 winners will be presented at the end of the first day of Labelexpo Europe 2019. The R. Stanton Avery Global Achievement Award winner is to be named in June.
Find out about the show and other industry events in the L&L Events diary