Virtual Master Class: Brand Protection - Part 1
Covers the challenges presented by the growing counterfeiting market, products that are particularly susceptible, different categories of security, and the role label converters can play in protecting brands.
Gain a detailed insight into the scale of the global counterfeiting market, and some of the ways that the supply chain is successfully tackling this. Hear a range of perspectives from the trade association, brand owner, brand consultant, and label converter. Discover what protection brands need, the challenges and solutions, and how the label converter can address these.
This two-part master class will be presented by Andy Thomas-Emans, strategic director, Labelexpo, along with leading experts from the field. It is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
Master class start time in other time zones: 15:00 CEST, 08:00 CDT
Master class agenda
14:05 - 14:30 GMTIntroduction to the anti-counterfeiting market
- Overview of the counterfeiting market
- Products that are susceptible to counterfeiting
- Different categories of security
- James Bevan, director, Vandagraf
14:30 - 14:55 GMTBrand consultant perspective
- The role labels and packaging can play
- Communication between brand and converter
- Real-world case studies
- Vicki Strull, branding consultant, Vicki Strull Design
15:00 - 15:25 GMTBrand owner perspective
- What does the brand care about?
- Specifying anti-counterfeiting technologies
- Challenges and opportunities
Christina Mitropoulos, director, brand protection & manufacturing initiatives, American Apparel & Footwear Association
15:25 - 15:50 GMTLabel converter perspective
- Common attack mechanisms threat actors use
- What brands need to consider when specifying tamper-evident seals
- Case studies in tamper-evident sealing
- Dr Adrian Steele, managing director, Mercian Labels