Virtual Master Class: Brand Protection - Part 2
Covers the key overt and covert brand protection technologies used in today’s competitive market, and how they are implemented by the label and package printer.
Gain an in-depth understanding of some of the most innovative label and package printing technologies currently used successfully to combat the growing threat of counterfeiting in today’s global consumer market. Overt technology experts will set out the processes behind holograms, printing, and anti-tamper materials. Covert technology experts will examine inks, NFC/RFID digital brand protection, and watermarking.
This two-part master class will be presented by Andy Thomas-Emans, strategic director, Labelexpo, along with leading experts from the field. It is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
Master class start time in other time zones: 15:00 CEST, 08:00 CDT
Master class agenda
14:20 - 14:35 BSTOvert technologies: Digital printing
- The role of digital printing in brand protection
- Use of variably printed security codes
- Moshiko Levhar, EMEA security and brand protection business manager, Graphics Solutions Business, HP
14:35 - 14:50 BSTOvert technologies: Tamper-evident materials
- Tamper-evident materials as an anti-counterfeiting tool
- How brands are overcoming technical challenges and incorporating them
- Michael Welch, senior product manager, durables (North America), Avery Dennison
14:50 - 15:00 BSTQ&A
15:20 - 15:35 BSTCovert technologies: NFC/RFID
- Using NFC technology as part of a digital brand protection strategy
- Application cases in wine & spirits and pharma
- Tony Fazhev, business development manager, NFC, Europe, Avery Dennison
15:35 - 15:50 BSTCovert technologies: Digital watermarks
- Adding value with connected packaging
- Product diversion, product authentication and traceability
- Jay Sperry, platform evangelist, Digimarc