Virtual - Digital printing technology - Part 2
Learn about pre-press systems and strategies, the importance of workflow automation, substrate selection and print quality, digital print finishing plus the brand owner relationship with digital print.
This two-part master class will be presented by Labelexpo strategic director Andy Thomas-Emans, along with leading experts from the fields of digital printing, pre-press, materials and workflow. Delegates will leave with a full understanding of the different digital printing technologies, their specific materials requirements, short-run digital finishing and embellishment solutions and workflow automation from color management to job scheduling and invoicing. Discover digital printing technology and the enhancements it can bring to your product offering.
The master class is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
Master class start time in other time zones: 4pm CEST, 9am CDT
Thank you to our sponsors:
Master class agenda
Brand owner relationship to digital printing
- How are brand owners using digital printing with PS labels?
- Exploring personalization, short runs and multiple SKUs
- Digital printing for brand protection and sustainability
Pre-Press Systems and Strategies for Digital Label Production
- Color management is critical
- Increasing the importance of pre-press and elimination of bottlenecks
- Digital proofing considerations
- Mike Agness, Executive Vice President, Americas, Hybrid Software
The Importance of Pre-Press and Workflow Automation
- The nature and importance of workflow automation
- The role of MIS automation tools in digital printing
- Integration with quality and inspection
- Geert Van Damme, Managing Director, Cerm
Substrate Selection and Print Quality
- Matching process to substrate
- Ink transfer, adhesion, print quality and color
- Surface treatments and coatings
- Paul Lender, Business Development Manager, Digital, Avery Dennison
Digital Print Finishing
- How to finish digital labels and packaging cost efficiently
- Explore how to add value to digital labels and packaging
- In-line or off-line finishing options and systems
- Matt Burton, Sales Director, AB Graphic International