FTA announces Virtual Forum 2020
Flexographic Technical Association has announced Virtual Forum 2020, an online replacement for this year’s conference, where content previously planned for the event will be broadcast live in a webinar format utilizing FTA’s Zoom Meeting platform.
Each day of Virtual Forum 2020 will feature a pair of technical sessions spread between the morning and afternoon. The schedule of sessions is as follows (all times ET):
Wednesday, April 22:
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – An abbreviated version of the FTA Awards Banquet Presentation
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Contrast in Print Technologies: Preprint vs. Postprint: Comparing preprint and postprint tech, and how corrugated printers and their customers can choose the right process for each job
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Press Optimization: Straight from the Mouths of Printers: Establishing consistent print quality, workflow stability and efficiency of operations, through press optimization
Wednesday, April 29:
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Color Consistency: Achieving the Target: How using hardware to capture data and software to visualize it allows production crews to print to the numbers and ensure color consistency
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Inside the Minds of Brand Owners: Why We Care: Brand owners discuss the ways in which color is important and how its importance affects their package-branding decisions
Wednesday, May 6:
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Innovation & Technology Born from Frustration: How color is affected by ink, anilox and plate selection—and improved by cutting-edge technologies—along with finding the best combination of consumables
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – FQC: Exploring Technology & Defining Value in Packaging: Technology advancement born from in-depth research conducted by industry members and students of flexography
The three remaining sessions from Forum 2020 will take place later this year at the Fall Conference:
- Evaluation, Optimization, Control: The Complete Plate Making Package
- Print Quality Scoring: Friend or Foe?
- The Defectives II: A “Virtual” Guide to Troubleshooting
FTA members receive complimentary registration for the three-day event, while non-member registration will cost USD200.