Specialty materials manufacturer Neenah has achieved certifications by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Certified Biobased Products for nine products from the durable label lineup as further evidence of its sustainability commitment.
‘Neenah is extending our rich history of sustainable products, partnerships, and certifications into our performance labels portfolio. While product functionality remains key, customers increasingly factor environmental impact into their decision criteria. The USDA Certified Biobased Product label on these products highlights the renewable nature of the raw materials as a critical advantage of our Dispersa, Endura, and Prevail products, beyond their industry-leading functionality,’ said Vishal Rao, vice president for Neenah Industrial Solutions.
Third-party verification for a product's biobased content is administered through the USDA BioPreferred Program, an initiative created by the 2002 Farm Bill, which goal is to increase the development, purchase, and use of biobased products.
The USDA Certified Biobased Product label displays a product's biobased content, which is the portion of a product that comes from a renewable source, such as plant, animal, marine, or forestry feedstocks. Utilizing renewable, biobased materials displaces the need for non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals and reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that exacerbate global climate change.
‘Achieving this USDA third-party verification for our products is part of a long-term environmental strategy of making eco-investments over time to enrich our overall offering for our customers,’ concluded Rao.
The following Neenah products have earned the ability to display a unique USDA label highlighting their percentage of biobased content:
- Dispersa label 7630P0 with 99 percent biobased content
- Dispersa label 7760P0 with 99 percent biobased content
- Dispersa 7631P0 with 99 percent biobased content
- Dispersa board 7741P0 with 99 percent biobased content
- Dispersa board 7742P0 with 99 percent biobased content
- Endura laser 7539P0 with 84 percent biobased content
- Endura inkjet 7509P0 with 84 percent biobased content
- Endura Sustain with 76 percent biobased content
- Prevail 0784P0 with 68 percent biobased content