Mark Andy has announced the winners of its first annual World Class Print Awards competition. Over 150 entries were received from around the world and judged by independent judges from the converting industry. The judges selected Gold/Silver/Bronze award winners in six categories.
‘Observing the quality of work from customers, we wanted to recognize the excellence in print work of customers over the years and give them the recognition they deserved,’ said Jerry Henson, director of print services and organizer of the contest. The competition was open to owners and operators of Mark Andy or Comco printing presses who submitted printed or converted narrow web application work. There were no limits to the number of entries that companies could submit.
The judging panel included Bill Garno, Rochester Institute of Technology; Jack Kenny, Rodman Publications; Steve Lee, Rotometrics; Jay Olendorf, Lithoflex Corporation; Robert Smithson, Flexographic Trade School, and Roy Webb of Mark Andy. Submissions were judged for creativity in design, level of difficulty, print quality, and execution. The winning entries ranged from pressure sensitive labels to unsupported films, laminated stocks, magnets, coupons, scratch-off and gaming labels to paper cups.
Mark Andy is proud to congratulate all winning entries in the following six categories:
Wine & Spirits
• Gold – Paragon Label – Rosso Classic (pressure sensitive material)
• Silver – Landmark Label – Hogue Merlot (pressure sensitive material)
• Bronze – Prime Package & Label – Budweiser promotional label (metallized film pressure sensitive material)
• Gold – Scientific Games Latino America – 120 Premios de $1,000,000 Lotera – (metallized board stock)
• Gold – Priority Label Products – Marvel Edition Haircutting Kit (pressure sensitive material)
• Gold – Raypress Corporation – Crowne Plaza promotional flyer (multi-layered magnetic material)
• Silver – Raypress Corporation – Carnation Milk coupon (multi-layered paper coupon)
• Bronze – FlexoOne – The Davinity Collection gift tags (pressure sensitive material)
• Gold – Spectrum Label – Buffy the Vampire Slayer 10th Anniversary Premium Trading Cards – (unsupported metallized film)
• Silver – Spectrum Label – Signature Pizzas (pressure sensitive)
• Bronze – Spectrum Label – Disney Magic Selections Apple Slices (pressure sensitive material)
• Gold – York Label – Olay Hydrating Cleanser (tube laminate)
• Silver – Labelmakers Group – The Simpsons Lemon-Lime flavored water (unsupported shrink film)
• Bronze – Georgia Pacific – Emerald Sierra drinking cup (polycoated board)
‘We would like to thank all those who took the time to submit their entries and participate in the World Class Print Awards competition. The judges were very impressed with the quality and variety of entries representing a variety of products from around the world. We want to let our customers know we think they are all world class, and congratulate them for taking part,’ said Paul Brauss, CEO.
Photo: the Gold medal winners at Mark Andy’s World Class Print Awards