Entries received from around the world showcased the best in in-mold design and technical achievement in markets ranging from food packaging and automotive to consumer goods and electronics.
This year’s entries were judged based on overall design and complexity, integration of the in-mold element into the part or package, functionality and innovation in the use of materials and processes. Manufacturing difficulty and complexity of the part, label, design or mold also were considered.
The 2022 Judges’ Choice Award, distinguished achievement for use of design and molding to create an aesthetic, tactile experience, has been given to IMR Technology, which has provided a printed decorative cover for iRobot, a recognized robot vacuum manufacturer.
Winners in all categories are as follows:
- Best Use of IMD with Metallic Effects – InkWorks for residential home ventilation trim ring
- Best Use of IMD with Metallic Effects Honorable Mention: Kurz for TieSie
- Best Use of IMD for Capacitive Touch Applications: User interface by Nissha
- Best Use of IMD for Consumer Goods / Durable Products: Kurz for Kimberly-Clark Professional ICON Dispenser Collection
- Best Use of IML/IMD in an Innovative Application: Serigraph for Xtremity Prosthetic Leg
- Best Use of IML/IMD in an Innovative Application Honorable Mention: DuraTech Industries for Cryptex Security Box
- Best Use of IML, Package or Container: MCC Verstraete for Patápain Salad Box
- Best Use of IML, Package or Container Honorable Mention: MCC Verstraete for Keter Decobox
- Best In-Mold Label: MCC Verstraete for De Dames van Akkerlust ice cream
- Best In-Mold Label Honorable Mention: Korsini-SAF In Mold for Meggle flexible packaging
- Sustainable Use of In-Mold Processes: MCC Verstraete for Kekkilä fertilizer packaging
- Sustainable Use of In-Mold Processes Honorable Mention: Kurz for Elements label
The In-Mold Decorating Association (IMDA) is an organization that includes molders, printers, material suppliers and equipment manufacturers that are committed to the development and growth of in-mold decorated products, technologies and markets. IMDA raises the level of awareness and acceptance of in-mold decorated durable products and in-mold labeled packaging by OEMs, brand owners and marketers, integrating the interests of the entire IML and IMD supply chain through its promotional and educational programs.
Stay up to date
Subscribe to the free Label News newsletter and receive the latest content every week. We'll never share your email address.