Rotocon confirmed 17 orders for label printing and finishing equipment during the recent Propak Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Rotocon had a presence spread across three stands at the triennial Propak Africa, held this year on March 12-15. The 17 confirmed orders included: five Screen Truepress Jet L350UV+ series UV inkjet presses; five Rotocon Ecoline RDF 330 digital label converting lines and four Ecoline RSD 330 label die-cutting/inspection machines; an AVT Helios 100 percent automated in-line inspection system with WorkFlow Link; a Domino K600i digital printer; and an MPS EF 430 8-color press.
Rotocon owner Michael Aengenvoort commented: ‘Our success at Propak Africa was truly a team effort. Representatives from our partners AVT, MPS, Screen and Wink made an overseas journey to join us at Propak, and five industry suppliers sponsored material and consumables for equipment running on our stands.’
Rotocon’s presence at Propak Africa presented live label production on a Screen Truepress Jet L350UV+ and finished on two Rotocon Ecoline brand finishing machines. An RDF 330 digital label converting and RSI 330 slitter rewinder with inspection were also running. A Rotocon Ecoline RSD 330 die-cutting machine and Wink SmartGap Touch digital adjustable anvil cylinder for die-cutting were also featured.
Sponsors of Rotocon at Propak Africa and their product contribution were:
- ColorGen and its PureRad LED8600e UV LED cold foil adhesive, which is optimized to bond dyed, metallized or holographic foils to coated paper stocks, treated synthetic labelling and packaging films;
- Flexo Concepts with its TruPoint Orange doctor blades, offering extended shelf life, enhanced precision, significantly reduced anilox wear and scoring, and increased safety;
- Morgancoat with a self-adhesive gloss white polypropylene film, top coated for printability. The adhesive and liner can be customized depending on the end use application and substrate;
- Synchron and its KPW-OP silver cold foil, which is over printable, allowing for greater design and color shade possibilities; and
- Wink with SuperCut flexible dies, made with microscopic precision to ensure perfect die-cutting for all kinds of label applications.
Propak Africa visitors also had the chance to win one of three valuable prizes in Rotocon’s prize draw. First prize was a Nespresso coffee machine, second prize a weekend for two in a four-star guest house in Cape Town (double room/B&B) and third prize is an Apple iPad mini. The winners are to be announced.
Aengenvoort continued: ‘We thank all our customers who took time to meet us at Propak Africa and see the latest solutions we offer in label printing and finishing. It was truly an honor for all of us at Rotocon to see so many familiar faces from the many years of our representation in South Africa.’
Find out about the next Propak Africa and other industry events in the L&L Events diary