Flexible packaging company honored for stand up pouch
Authentication Solution Providers’ Association (ASPA) has detailed The Authentication Forum 2018 and unveiled a new logo as the association celebrates 20 years supporting anti-counterfeiting and brand protection.
ASPA president U K Gupta said: ‘At a time, when counterfeiting costs the global economy 1.77 trillion USD and the Indian economy 324 billion INR every year and increasing rapidly, it is high time for stakeholders to come together in fighting this issue. The new consumer protection bill passed by the Government of India is a big initiative and positive step towards consumer empowerment in our country.’
‘We are also working on developing a Counterfeit Repository News (CRN). Further, in this year, we will expand our “Make Sure India” and brand awareness campaigns,’ he added.
Luv D Shriram, ASPA general secretary, added: ‘The 20-year celebration marks our commitment to the industry and makes us the world’s one of the oldest and leading associations in the anti-counterfeiting industry. Today, our member companies are protecting more than 15,000 brands across the globe. The second edition of the summit will offer new generation anti-counterfeiting options which are important for the government, industry, brand owners and consumers in their fight against fakes.’
Topics to be addressed at The Authentication Forum 2018 will include:
- Understanding regulatory perspective – government roles to protect the interests of consumers;
- Understanding the 5 Ws of counterfeiting: what, who, when, where, why;
- Global perspectives on the fight against counterfeiting;
- Future of anti-counterfeiting technologies – can blockchain and NFC play a part?;
- Understand how to select the right anti-counterfeiting technologies;
- Practical examples of brand owners through case studies;
- Learn to devise your enforcement efforts and raids;
- Network and interact with the industry; and
- A townhall session on who will take the lead against fighting fakes.
The two-days summit will be held on March 15-16, 2018 in New Delhi and is expected to attract more than 200 delegates.