Verico Technology, the new business created from the sale of Presstek’s DI and CtP divisions to Mark Andy, has confirmed its European sales and service team.
Following the acquisition by Mark Andy, Presstek’s former waterless offset plate division has been spun out as an independent company, Verico Technology. Led by the former Presstek CEO Yuval Dubois, Verico Technology will concentrate on the production and sales of waterless plates and further coating technologies in new areas of business.
The sales and service team will continue its activities under the Verico Technology name and has set itself the target of increasing market shares. The team for the EMEA region consists of:
- Karol Wolnikowski, sales director for the EAME region, who is responsible for the strategic planning and coordination of sales and service activities. He is also the point of contact for dealers and has the task of expanding the sales infrastructure. Wolnikowski’s previous experience has included nine years as a sales engineer and technical director at Marks-3zet, where he was responsible for consumables and prepress equipment for waterless offset printing;
- Oliver Schlindwein as EMEA sales manager, with responsibility for forecasting/market monitoring, optimizing ordering systems and logistics. Schlindwein is a qualified master of printing with over 34 years of experience in the industry, including around a decade in waterless printing. As a sales manager for the EMEA region he has worked in sales for Presstek, Verico Technology as it now is, for three years. Previously, he worked in technical sales at Marks-3zet for seven years;
- Claude Zähringer, also an EMEA sales manager, primarily in France and southern Europe. Zähringer joined the printing industry in 1985 and has over 20 years of experience in waterless printing, including 10 years as managing director for France and the Francophone market at Marks-3zet. He joined Presstek in July 2017;
- Günter Schmid, who joined Presstek in October 2017 and will now pursue his consultancy work for Verico Technology. Previously, Schmid had worked in sales and technical support at Marks-3zet (Mülheim/Ruhr). He is also a specialist in pre-press equipment and plate processors in particular;
- Michael Reuter, another plate application specialist who joined in August 2017 in order to look after Zahara customers. A qualified master of printing, his specific areas of responsibility included printing instruction, pre-press equipment and process calibration. He has been involved in waterless offset since 2010 and, amongst other roles, he was manager of the Marks-3zet demo center in Mülheim for five years. He also has two decades of experience as a department manager in a sheet-fed offset printer; and
- Candido Presa Arjones, who worked for four years as technical project director at Presstek and now occupies the same position in the Verico Technology team. Presa Arjones has extensive experience in waterless printing, acquired through, amongst other roles, his work as an instructor at Koenig & Bauer and Ryobi, as well as at VIM Technologies. Building on these 20 years of waterless experience, he will be responsible in the Verico Technology European team for product development, field tests and quality management.
Verico Technology CEO Yuval Dubois has previously said: 'There are no changes to our headquarters, ordering process or logistics. We are working on a new website, and understandably our email domain changed but all people you’ve worked with are still here, working hard and keeping our standards high.’