Omron, a global technology company, has announced a series of cash and product donations to local charities through Omron Foundation, its charitable arm in the United States, and through Omron Healthcare to help communities weather a range of challenges caused by the worldwide coronavirus outbreak.
Omron Foundation is donating USD 25,000 to a number of charities – including childcare resources, emergency support for families and small businesses, and support for hospitals and clinics – that are assisting those in greatest need right now, along with another USD 20,000 to food banks in communities near Omron facilities.
‘Omron’s mission is to improve lives and contribute to a better society, and now is one of the most important times to be helping out our communities,’ said Nigel Blakeway, chairman and chief executive officer of Omron Management Center of America and president of Omron Foundation. ‘We are thankful for the frontline workers that are supporting the society and we are determined to assist the people in the greatest need right now.’
Charities currently supported by the company include:
- Child Care Resources (CCR) providing childcare for essential Covid-19 workers who are having difficulty caring for their children in the Seattle area.
- Valley Care Charitable Foundation, which is providing personal protective equipment and needed supplies to frontline medical professionals treating Covid-19 patients at Stanford Valley Care Hospital in Pleasanton, California.
- LA Emergency Covid-19 Crisis Fund, which is providing support for families and small businesses (meals, childcare), relief of healthcare workers (childcare), critical healthcare equipment (PPE, testing kits, etc.), shelters and hygiene stations for homeless in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Direct Relief, which is supporting hospitals and clinics in the hardest-hit areas of the US, namely, New York City, as well as Boston, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco and other hot spots to help with Covid-19 testing, triaging of patients, and ICU I/V medications. In addition, OMRON Healthcare is donating 500 blood pressure monitors to Direct Relief for critical areas around the US.
- Food banks in several communities located near Omron facilities across the United States.
Moreover, Omron employees across the country are also making individual contributions by joining in the effort to make personal protective gear by hand-sewing hundreds of face masks and 3D-printing face shields for frontline healthcare workers at hospitals across the country.
To support demand for the company’s products and services, Omron has also taken actions to maintain some of its manufacturing operations to support life science industry customers with critical needs in lab automation and the production of test-kits and vaccines.