Who and what to see at the leading label and package printing trade show
At a ceremony held during the Aluminium China 2017 exhibition in Shanghai, the winners of the first-ever Alufoil Trophy competition to be held in China were presented, with 16 aluminum foil products and options from 13 companies recognized.
Alufoil Trophy China 2017, co-organized by the China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association (CNFA) and the Global Aluminium Foil Roller Initiative (GLAFRI), and supported by the European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA), received 50-plus entries from more than 30 companies. These covered aluminum foil rolling and application products, including aluminum foil containers and flexible packaging for medical and food packaging, as well as household appliances and applications for the electronics, electrical, construction and automotive industries.
The winners included: a digitally printed personalized pouch, which can offer a unique code for each pack and provides differentiation for brands and customers; an aseptic pack comprised of an aluminum foil laminate which showed, through quality improvement, the ability to use thinner gauges without loss of barrier properties; and composite-can sealing offering product safety, health and consumer convenience. Industrial applications were also heavily represent.
The winners in the inaugural Alufoil Trophy China competition were:
Marketing & Design
- Ningbo Times Aluminium Foil Technology for the entry ‘Heat-sealed eco-friendly aluminum foil container for G20 Summit’
- Qingdao Wohler Household Products for the entry ‘Cooking recipe with aluminum foil – marketing design for promoting retail and consumption of products
- Hunan New Xiangwei Packaging for the entry ‘Customized aluminum foil packages with unique printing technology’
- Hangzhou Qunle Packaging for the entry ‘Aluminum foil membrane-seal composite can
- Shanghai Ashburn Aluminium Foil Products for the entry ‘Four compartment aluminum foil food combo pan’
- Jiaxing Jinxin Al Container for the entry ‘Smooth wall aluminum foil container’
- Kunshan Aluminium for the entry ‘Ultra-thin aluminum foil for instant noodles
- Luoyang Longding Aluminium for the entry ‘Efficiently-produced high quality 3004 alloy aluminum foil for making food containers’
- Yunnan Haoxin Aluminium Foil for the entry ‘Casting 0.009mm double light aluminum foil for current collection in lithium-ion batteries’
- Yantai Donghai Aluminium Foil and Greatview Aseptic Packaging for the entry ‘High-quality light gauge aluminum foil for diverse aseptic packs’
- Jiangsu Hanlin Pharmaceutical Packaging for the entry ‘New type of paper/PTP/aluminum foil
- Ningbo Times Aluminium Foil Technology for the entry ‘Heat-sealed aluminum foil container for boiled crawfish’
- Yunnan Haoxin Aluminium Foil for the entry ‘Ultra-thin aluminum foil for power capacitor (4/4.5mm)’
- Kunshan Aluminium for the entry ‘Ultra-wide aluminum foil insulation
- Jiangsu Dare Aluminium Industry for the entry ‘0.0045mm power capacitor aluminum foil
Jury Special Award
- Qingdao Wohler Household Products for the entry ‘Retail market development of a range of aluminum foil containers and household foil rolls’
Commenting on the entries, the judges said: ‘Those companies recognized with the award of a trophy represent an advanced level of aluminum foil production and manufacturing, showing the progress of the Chinese industry and reflect where developments and trends are leading the aluminum foil market. Winning products were mainly based on the domestic market, highlighting the advantages of aluminum foil materials in sustainable consumption, resource conservation and emerging industries.’
The judges further highlighted that four products using aluminum foil as lunch boxes and food containers shows how this is an area of the market that has seen faster growth in recent years in domestic applications.
Dong Chunming, GLAFRI coordinator in China, said: ‘China’s aluminum foil industry, through this event, can better show aluminum foil’s capabilities, as well as demonstrating a responsible and sustainable product image. It also addresses some of the challenges facing aluminum foil, as well as delivering a positive and dynamic “voice” for the sector.
‘In addition, Alufoil Trophy China shows the wider community the diverse applications of aluminum foil and the Chinese industry’s innovative abilities. The competition promotes sustainable production and adds momentum to “greener” consumption.’